Thursday, November 29, 2012

Taking a breather.

Phew. What a crazy couple of weeks we've had around here!
Just dropping in for a quick update, i really should be heading to bed but right now i'm enjoying some 'quiet time' that wonderful moment when all my household is peacefully sleeping........and so should this night owl.
So, i had a mega busy week at work last week - we had our awesome twice yearly sale on and were run off our toes! Then on Saturday, my mum hosted a family get together at her place. One of her cousins was visiting from Italy and wanted to meet some family members - of course being Italian, we have a big family.
The poor guy could barely speak a word of Italian, but it was lovely to meet him and we attempted a conversation - we did well with only a little bit of translation needed! 




I love hearing the Italian language, it reminds me so much of my grandparents.

The next day it was my sweet girl Amity's seventh birthday.
She had been counting down for months - this girl loves birthdays, but in saying that she never asks for anything, whenever we ask her what she'd like for her birthday, she'll just shrug and say "i don't know".
So for a few months i've been squirrelling away little bits and pieces i knew she would like and on the morning of her birthday she had lots of pressies to open.

I awoke (very early) to her beaming little face right in my face - oh how i wish i could freeze that moment.......she never said a word, she was just grinning from ear to ear but somehow i knew she was there.
We had a small party here for her with some close friends with lots of girly pink touches.

I still can't believe she's seven! We were telling her her birth story the other day - how she came out so quickly, she almost ended up in the loo....................Chas and her thought that was hysterical. (That'll be a story for another day).
Now we're on the home-stretch to Christmas and the Silly Season is here in all it's wonderful glory.......not.
Oh yes, the Grinch is back.
Things aren't going to slow down in a hurry. I've got a busy week ahead with one day off work in the next seven (give me strength!), so things may be a little bit quiet around these parts for a while.
And now i must really hit the sack, my littlest poppet and i are having a baking day tomorrow.
Good night lovelies xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for dropping by my blog, your comments make me smile :-)