Sunday, January 27, 2013

From The Patch........Parsley.


Sometimes when The Bloke is planting out The Patch, he gets a tad over excited and plants too much of one thing. This year it's parsley. We have loads and loads of parsley.
Parsley is good but there is only so much you can do with it - so other than garnishing every meal with it to make it look like a pub meal - i make tabouli.*
I love it, so yummy and so healthy. 
You'll need to think ahead before you make a batch as the burghul needs to be soaked overnight.
I don't really have a recipe as such, so here's how i make mine:

Tabouli
A very large bunch of parsley - finely chopped,
A handful of burghul (cracked wheat) - soaked overnight, 
2 tomatoes - diced,
2 spring onions - sliced,
1 clove garlic - crushed,
brown vinegar,
olive oil.
Method:
Drain burghul and squeeze out excess water, add to parsley with tomatoes, spring onions & garlic. Splash with oil and vinegar and give it all a good toss. Season to taste

Yeah, i know very vague recipe.....but hopefully you get the gist, because it's really worth all that fine chopping!

*Spell checker is informing me that i have spelt tabouli incorrectly - tough that is the way i like to spell it!










1 comment:

  1. Hi Malea, thank-you for popping over to my blog and leaving some lovely comments. It sounds like you are being taken over by parsley. My husband complains about parsley all of the time, little does he know that I use it in alot of our cooking ;) We did have lots of tomatoes in our patch but we woke up yesterday morning and all 5 plants were black (and dead). I don't think they liked the crazy wind and rain we had over the weekend. Bummer, I was so looking forward to home grown tomatoes. Have a happy weekend. Melinda x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for dropping by my blog, your comments make me smile :-)