Tuesday, March 15, 2011

An Adventure.

This weekend in Victoria was a long weekend, Chas & Amity went away camping with their aunty & uncle & The Bloke went back to our home town - so i decided to do something i've planned to do for a long time........i packed a suitcase for Scarlett & myself & took a five hour train journey to Castlemaine! We had a fantastic time staying with my cousin Joanne & her family on their beautiful property just out of Castlemaine, oh my goodness i just love it up there. On Saturday we took a trip to Daylesford, where we popped into the Lark shop.......oh dear what a pretty store, Joanne had a hard time dragging me away from there! We browsed some local shops & op-shops & headed to the Maker's Market which happened to be on - what a fantastic market it was, so many lovely handmade goodies, i could've easily spent a fortune there! .
On Sunday, Joanne took us for a tour of the country side - being a bit of a history buff, i was in heaven looking at all the beautiful old buildings & houses. We stopped at Vaughan Springs & i finally got to go down this big slide!

We went to Maldon for lunch, another lovely historic town where i found the best little treasure in a pokey little op-shop (watch this space). After lunch we caught up with some rellies, it was great to see them all & have a gas bag.
I had a great time away, i just love the area so much - there is such an abundance of creative people, antique stores & history up there..........right up my alley! I had to really restrain myself to not buy so many things (probably a good thing catching the train!)
I can't wait to go back.

3 comments:

  1. When you return we can check out the 6 op-shops that I know of in Bendigo. So much more to see and so little time. So good to be inspired by someone so creative.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like a lovely weekend! Can't wait to hear more about it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm coming with you next time!!! looks like you had a grear hol!! The slide looks like fun!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for dropping by my blog, your comments make me smile :-)