I was very proud of my efforts & thought it was adorable, so i rang my sister-in-law (who was organizing the sale) & told her i'd finally made it, but i didn't have enough of the green fabric so i used a floral instead.......then i hear "GASP!!!" So it turns out the 'girl' was actually a BOY! Oh dear. I didn't have any boyish fabric in my stash & i certainly didn't have enough time to whip up another one. It seems there was a little mis-communication......whoopsie. So what can one do? Laugh. And that's what we did.
Hopefully someone else will like this little romper at our next Sadie Mae market stall on the weekend, i think it'll look gorgeous on a pretty baby girl.
Despite my wee error, i'm glad i got my butt into gear & did some making because i must admit, getting the scissors out & the pins & playing with fabric may just have made my mojo come crawling back home (with it's tail between it's legs). So today i had the machine out again & stitched together some coloured paper hearts for a birthday party i'm busily preparing for on Friday. I'm happy with how these turned out & can't wait to display them.
And while i'm bragging - i've also been busy in the kitchen too & last week i actually made those lamingtons i'd planned.
These were yum, but a little on the dry side, so now i'm on a mission to find me the perfect lamington recipe - something light & fluffy & chocolatey...........cos lamingtons are my favourite.
Now while my mojo is hanging about, i'm off to Pinterest to hunt down some inspiration for my next makings & then check my diary to schedule in some 'making time'.