Monday, November 21, 2011

Some Makings.

Finally, i dusted off the sewing machine & got myself (begrudgingly) busy & made a little romper. This was an order i'd had for a while for an impending baby girl due to arrive in November, the customer originally wanted one that i'd made in a green fabric but it had sold & i didn't have enough fabric left to make another. In typical me-style, i left it right to the last minute.........due to my creative mojo going awol, due to not having any time & of course due to my usual procrastinating.........so on the last possible day for my deadline & being told "she's already had the baby", i got myself busy & found some other pretty fabric & whipped up this little number.


I was very proud of my efforts & thought it was adorable, so i rang my sister-in-law (who was organizing the sale) & told her i'd finally made it, but i didn't have enough of the green fabric so i used a floral instead.......then i hear "GASP!!!"  So it turns out the 'girl' was actually a BOY!  Oh dear. I didn't have any boyish fabric in my stash & i certainly didn't have enough time to whip up another one. It seems there was a little mis-communication......whoopsie. So what can one do? Laugh. And that's what we did. 
Hopefully someone else will like this little romper at our next Sadie Mae market stall on the weekend, i think it'll look gorgeous on a pretty baby girl.
Despite my wee error, i'm glad i got my butt into gear & did some making because i must admit, getting the  scissors out & the pins & playing with fabric may just have made my mojo come crawling back home (with it's tail between it's legs). So today i had the machine out again & stitched together some coloured paper hearts for a birthday party i'm busily preparing for on Friday. I'm happy with how these turned out & can't wait to display them.


And while i'm bragging - i've also been busy in the kitchen too & last week i actually made those lamingtons i'd planned.


These were yum, but a little on the dry side, so now i'm on a mission to find me the perfect lamington recipe - something light & fluffy & chocolatey...........cos lamingtons are my favourite. 
Now while my mojo is hanging about, i'm off to Pinterest to hunt down some inspiration for my next makings & then check my diary to schedule in some 'making time'.


6 comments:

  1. hahah! at least you spoke to your sister-in-law before sending it off to the new parents :) i LOVE the romper! you are very clever... i am too scared to try anything with buttons! haha! did you use a pattern?

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's a vintage pattern i found at an oppy & i've used it lots - it also includes a cute little pinnie dress. It's a very quick & easy pattern....my favourites! Buttons used to scare me too, but they are actually quite easy - just practice on some scrap fabric :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. ahhh you must share the deets of that romper pattern. stunning.... almost stunning enough for a boy?

    xo

    ReplyDelete
  4. hiii....great blog Malea..I'll be stopping by more often :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. That romper is so cute. If I had a little munchkin I would absolutely buy it. Such a great vintage pattern. Melinda x

    ReplyDelete
  6. That romper is divine! DI.VINE. As for those lamingtons, I'm meant to be detoxing. YUM! Kellie xx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for dropping by my blog, your comments make me smile :-)