Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Made for Scarlett.

I had the sewing bug last week & made a couple of things for Scarlett. It seems like i'm sewing a lot more for her than the other two, but considering she's now the only one who doesn't need to wear a uniform & is the fastest growing - it makes sense doesn't it?
First up i made this little dress.
I fell in love with this beautiful Japanese cotton & actually wanted to make it into a top for her, but silly me didn't buy enough fabric. So instead i found this vintage pattern - which ended up being perfect because she'll be able to wear this in any weather. The two lovely vintage buttons were from a recent op-shop find.
In the same op-shop i also found this granny nightie. I loved the colour & pattern of the fabric.
I did consider wearing it to bed, but i think The Bloke would've had a fit! hehehe.....so instead i turned it into this.
I used a basic peasant top pattern & made it even simpler by using the existing hem on the nightie & the sleeves had a lovely pleated frill on them, so i used those too. Oh & the model - aren't her chubby little cheeks gorgeous? She's made by me too :)

1 comment:

  1. you are so talented!!! I am so jealous. I would love to be able to whip up some clothes and have them look so cute and professional. Love what you did with the nightie.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for dropping by my blog, your comments make me smile :-)