Sunday, February 6, 2011

Treasure.

I walked up to my local Salvo's on Friday, all week i had this niggling feeling that i had to go there - and boy am i glad i did! The op-shop gods were looking down on me. I did however blow my budget........ooops, so no thrifting for me for a while - but i did get so many goodies i'll post them all over a few weeks.
This week i'll share my vintage baby girl dresses - these are not for Scarlett, i have plans for these wonderful old dresses.
Hello Sailor! Isn't it gorgeous? And it comes with matching little bloomers.
And this pretty little pink number - she's never been worn, still has original tags attached. But of course i've saved the best until last...........
I've done a bit of research & i'm guessing by the tags & the fabric, that this beauty is from the late 50's - early 60's. It is quite long, so i'm thinking it was probably a christening gown? It needs a good wash & press (which i'm a little afraid to do). I still can't believe my luck at finding this & i can't stop pulling it out of the cupboard & looking at it!
Check out more thrifting goodies over at Her Library Adventures & don't forget to call back here next week for some more of my finds.

8 comments:

  1. these are so sweet, i love it when you get the feeling that you have to stop at the oppy and you get pleasantly rewarded. love the sailor dress, too cute

    ReplyDelete
  2. If plans ... what could those be? I couldn't bear to do anything with that sweet pink number. It's gorgeous.
    My Flea Market Find

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad to hear I am not the only one who hears those thrifting voices calling me.
    I have some cute little outfits and no one to wear them. Am eager to hear your plans.

    ReplyDelete
  4. So sweet! Love the little sailor outfit. What plan's do you have a brewing?

    ReplyDelete
  5. I plan on selling vintage kids wear etc, but i need to start a good collection - i'm getting there slowly! All these dresses would fit Scarlett, think i may just put the sailor dress on her though - i love it.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for dropping by my blog, your comments make me smile :-)